Google

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Aimee's Chicken Enchiladas

I went over to my brother's house to watch some American Idol...should have arrived earlier for dinner. Oh well....the Girl Scout Thin Mints were calling my name and I was quick to respond. Anyways, here is my sister-n-laws recipe....

1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 cup cubed, cooked chicken
1 tsp salt
2 cups heavy cream
1 chicken bouillon
10 - 12 tortillas
4 oz monterey jack cheese
additional veg. oil for frying

Sautee onions in oil til soft. Add garlic, rotel tomatoes, chicken and salt. Simmer for 8 minutes (stir occasionally); set aside. Heat cream with bouillon, set aside.
Fry tortillas quickly in about 1/4" oil (Do not allow to crisp). Dip tortillas in cream mixture. Place 2 Tbs of chicken filling on each tortilla and roll up. Arrange seam side down in 9x13" dish and pour remaining cream over enchiladas and top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.