Google

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nancy's Pecan Pie

My mother-n-law has been dying for everyone to know her name. I am surprised she does not sew an N on all of her clothes like Laverne (Laverne and Shirley) would sew an L on everything. Nancy joined us on our vacation last year to Disney World. We had just enough rope to tie her on top. Bringing her to Disney World was a recipe for disaster but it all worked out. Kenzy would just unhook her battery on her electric scooter every now and then.
Anyways, Nancy does know how to make a great Pecan Pie. It really is the best I have ever had. Now on her recipe card she wrote, "To make THREE pies DOUBLE the recipe"(that is really true though for this recipe). I have no idea where she went to school at but I can assure you that my brothers and I are doing everything we can here in GA to properly teach math to these rednecks down here.
Here is her recipe:

1 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 cup light karo syrup
3 eggs, well-beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

Heat over to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Add syrup, eggs, salt, and vanilla. Mix well and add pecans. Pour into unbaked pie shell (use a fork to poke a few holes in pie shell before you pour mixture). Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.