Google

Friday, August 15, 2008

Mrs. Rackley's Banana Bread

Mrs. Rackley is a co-worker here at Crossroads High School and I consider her a good friend. One day she arrived at school with a tupperware container full of banana bread. This banana bread reminded me of my Grandma Simms' recipe. We would walk into Simms' house and eat all of the banana bread that was on the table. Of course Grandpa Simms would get upset. He could not believe that three young boys could eat so much. He should have known that any time a little boy who wears Huskies (jeans) comes in the front door you need to be ready for your pantry to get ambushed. From then on, anytime we would go over there to visit he has hidden all of the good stuff from us. Since my Grandma Simms had a stroke she has not been able to make her good banana bread so this was a good suprise for me. I hope you enjoy this recipe.

1 c. Wesson Oil
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
3-4 ripe bananas ( mashed)
2 ½ c. plain flour
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped nuts

Cream oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Gradually stir flour mixture into oil mixture. Add mashed bananas, then nuts.
Divide mixture between two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake in preheated 3500 oven for about 45 minutes. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.